The Jensenites

The Jensenites

Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Temple Square

Temple Square in Salt Lake

After Makayla’s Young Women broadcast rehearsal, we spent the afternoon walking the grounds of Temple Square.  It was a perfect day to practice my photo taking skills….

Kids:  whine – complain – boo – groan
Me:  I’ll take you to the Lion House for dessert if you work with me.
Kids:  pause – pose – cheery
Dad:  eyebrows raised wondering where his wife went.

Yeah, yeah, I know.  I’m such a penny pincher.  Bribing the kids with dessert produced over 300 photos – so worth it!






I love Trevor's look and pose in every picture.










Wow! There are pennies in here!
Just FYI and mine too for when I am old and gray:
Kerri is in the brown and Rebekah is wearing the red shirt.





The Assembly Hall is my favorite building on Temple Square - it is beautiful.
This Gothic-style building was constructed by Latter-day Saint pioneers in 1877.


The original benches.
I could sit in here for hours.


I love the stained-glass windows.












We did end up buying the kids a club turkey sandwich at the Nauvoo Cafe ten minutes prior to the Joseph Smith showing in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building (we didn’t have time to trek back to the car for our picnic lunch).  The kids were in heaven!

Trevor:  “Mom, you HAVE to get their recipe – it’s the best!”

Really?  A recipe for a sandwich or are you that hungry?  I think I need to work on my basic culinary skills a little more.


I Love to See the Temple





Can you believe that my teenage daughter is fishing for coins in the reflecting pool?


At least she is doing it for her sisters to throw back in.



I don't think Jarin knows there's a smooching couple behind him.








Of course our day cannot end without losing a child.  After throwing recycled pennies back into the reflecting pool, we headed to the Lion House.  It took us a good five + minutes to meander that way.  When we started counted heads, Kerri was missing.  Being practiced in losing kids (we’re such great parents – ahem), our search party dispersed in different directions.  The ‘Mom & Jarin’ team found a VERY upset Kerri near the reflecting pool.  Whew!  Poor girl.
We happily ate dessert while Dad emptied his wallet and took in relaxing breaths.  He ages about a year every time we lose someone.  That puts him a good 5 years older than he is – that’s only counting the really scary missing children episodes that I can remember.   Don’t like to remember those very often.


Not bad for a 'child-aged induced' man.


What a wonderful day!


Families Are Forever
I'm so glad.


1 comment:

Lindsay Jones said...

You got some great pictures! I might have to try your bribery technique sometime soon. I just love temple square!