The Jensenites

The Jensenites

Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Lady Leprechauns

Rebekah and Kerri came home from school excited for St. Patrick's Day coming up.  The first thing they did was rummage through their drawers for something green and found nothing.  I told them I would make a shamrock bow to put in their hair and that was that.


Until I came across this material at the store.  
It was all packed up in nice strips ready for me to sew.

A project I thought would take 2 hours actually took 6 hours.  Oh yeah,  I had to make two skirts - duh!  I stayed up way late to finish the skirts and thought only of my mom.  As a young girl I went to bed often to the hum of my mom's sewing machine.  Around 10 p.m. - Jarin did come in and ask when I would be finished and suggested I get a sewing machine that didn't make any noise.  I assured him that a machine probably existed and proposed that he buy me one - he went back to bed.


I don't think I will ever get over how cute my twins are!

Adorable matching flower bows for adorable girls.


As I was sewing, Cameron brought me his pants that needs hemming and a shirt that needs a button.  I told him that I didn't love sewing that much, however, my mom will be here this weekend - hint hint!
Can't wait to see you mom and dad!


Hooray for St. Patrick's Day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Yolanda. I will see you this weekend. Tell Cameron that I will sew his pants, shirt, etc but do not say anything to Lico because Lico does a very good job sewing his pant, love MOm

{a}Musing Mother said...

You are a sick woman and need help.

Those are darling skirts and girls, though.

Jared and Allyson said...

Those skirts are so cute! Were the strips that you purchased meant for making skirts? Was their a pattern or are you just awesomely creative and talented?