The Jensenites

The Jensenites

Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

3 Cruise: Dominica

Day 3:  Dominica

Our view as we got to port.


I should mention that Ryan (Mr. Barnes) has been on this cruise several times. 
He planned all the trips on each island.  
I highly recommend him as your travel agent.



We hired a taxi to take us around the island.  
The road trip wove us up windy narrow roads past villages and gorgeous scenery. 
The whole island is covered in vegetation.
We saw banana, coconut and mango trees.






We hiked to Titou Gorge.
Pipe bridge we crossed.


I love the flowers and leaves.







Titou Gorge
The water was freezing cold.  
The group swam through narrow rocks in the dark to view some great views.
I sat on the ledge with Mrs. Barnes - I think we missed out.




Cute monkeys made from coconuts.



After another long car trip we made it to Dominica's famous falls.



The falls had many pools -  cold pools from the falls and hot pools from springs.
We had to hurdle over humongous rocks to get to them.



Hot pool.  
It was nice - but too hot for a hot day.




Trafalgar Falls





It was a great day!

1 comment:

A Musing Mother said...

Have I mentioned that I hate you just a little bit?

Just making it clear.