The Jensenites

The Jensenites

Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

7 Cruise: St Maarten, NA

Day 7:  St Maarten, NA

St. Maarten promised us a cool cloudy day.  
Cameron and I were excited since it lessened our chances of burning, not to mention heating up.




We taxied to a gorgeous beach resort for our day in the sun covered with clouds.



Mrs. Barnes almost took this exotic bird home with her - serious.




We stopped to smell the flowers.
Beautiful and elegant.






There was only a handful of people on the beach that day due to spring showers here and there.  I thought it was nuts not to spend Saturday on the beach - it was perfect!


Cameron and I blew up our raft to enjoy our last day in the water - rain and all.  We floated near Mr. and Mrs. Barnes when out of the water flew a school of flying fish with spear noses straight at me.  Needless to say, I screamed and felt bite marks going into my behind and screamed even more as I tried to wiggle away.  The bites actually came from Cameron pinching me who took that exact moment to be silly and fortunately the fish were smart enough not to impale me.  Mr. Barnes mumbled something about a shark being near by and high-tailed it out of the water leaving Mrs. Barnes behind to fend for herself.  It was the funniest scene and a great way to bid farewell to the ocean.















Each night our servers made dinner a delight.  They gave us brain teasers, smiles, songs and entertainment, extra surprise desserts and yummy food.
Thank you!



This is Elpedio - he was charming and friendly.
He is from the Phillippines and has a family with three children.  He works on the cruise line for six months with a three month leave to see his family.  Lots of blessings to him and his family.


Goodbye my Caribbean paradise!
It was an incredible journey - one I hope to repeat in the future.
Thanks Cam!
Love you!



No comments: