This is the best picture I could find to show off our hot chocolate table. This is James Johnson – my very best guy friend growing up. We hung out quite a bit and went to a few dances together either to avoid asking someone or to avoid someone asking us out. Guy friends are good that way. Of course once he fell in love with Ruth our senior year – I had to hear ALL about it – he was doped. It’s a good thing she said yes after a few years.
Anyhow, about family scripture reading…. fortunately, my mother’s example rubbed off on me. Ever since Makayla was three years old, we have always had family scripture time. Cameron traveled A LOT, so I relied on the children’s scripture stories and Gospel Art Pictures as part of our reading program to make it easier for me and my little ones. We held our ‘study’ at night before bed, then we moved to morning reading, then breakfast reading and back to nighttime reading. After eight years of ‘study’ without Cameron, I was done. Really. DONE! I think Cameron was done too, because he switched jobs two years ago and has been home EVERY single night and morning since then. I gladly handed the scripture assignment to him and told him to let me know when to show up.
After a few months, we found a good schedule that worked for all - yeah!
After Cameron sounds the bugle (hollers down the stairs), you can find us gathered in the living room wrapped in blankets in all sorts of positions every morning at 7.
5 comments:
Good memories que quedaron grabadas en el corazon... Love mom'
That's about what our boys look like at 6:45! Some days are better than others. . . The real success is that Lewis and Clark are learning to be reverent during the prayer.
My parents always did too . . . I hope my husband and I can be as good. You give me hope :)
You are one good Mama, especially for having done it all the time when your DH was gone. You are a good example to your children for sure.
I remember a picture taken of me (lico) while reading the scriptures. This is called learning by absorption, or something like that. The apple really doesn't fall far from the tree. Love Lico
Post a Comment