The Jensenites

The Jensenites

Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Sew Cute

My mom recently retired from the seamstress life. Growing up, mom made ALL my dresses and skirts. She sewed pants, shirts, vests, prom/formal dresses and my wedding dress. I followed in her footsteps and took all the sewing classes offered in Jr. High and High School. I entered sewing competitions and did quite well. The problem was that I did not love it! I couldn't stand it! The old antique sewing machine that I had for years did little but produce bad words from me - sorry.
I did manage Halloween costumes and cutting pants into shorts for the boys. I started making cute Capri Sun handbags out of Capri Sun bags - that was fun once I got a newer sewing machine. Next came quilting pillows and Makayla's quilt. Now I am looking at my machine with different eyes and attitude and excitement....I can sew for decor!

Look what I just created from my brother's old work pants and Valentine material I've had hidden for years. I totally loved doing it. I so consider my girls decor - I love to look at them.





Sew cute!



Now Makayla is my role model.
Instead of buying a new school bag - she made one.


Her cozy pajama bottoms.
Hey Makayla - I want a pair!

2 comments:

Lindsay Jones said...

I love them all, especially those skirts. You are really inspiring me, I have been itching to start sewing again. So many projects, so little time....

maggiepack said...

Big WOW...... Good way Yolandita.
The first time that I sewed was a dress, I didn't know how to used a pattern, especially in English instruction, when I finished and tried it look like it was a BIG TENT because my size was 10 and my finished project was size 16.
It's good that in life we learned from our mistakes,,,, but it didn't STOP me from sewing. Love Mamá......