The Jensenites

The Jensenites

Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Why I Blog

I am a follower, I admit it. I started blogging because my friends in Washington were doing it. I followed their families for a year before entering the blog world. My justification with TIME to begin blogging was for the sole purpose of sharing my family tidbits with Lica (my mom) in Virginia and Grandma Jensen two hours away. They love it!

Linking up with family and friends near and far was next. It made my world smaller and helped with the ‘time gap’ that we so often let pass. I love being part of their families as they share the joys and woes of life.

Then I discovered neighbor friends who blog and followed them. While I see them around the neighborhood, at church, at school, at book club, etc. I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know them and their families through this connection.

What’s more, I stumbled upon the most amazing DIY (do it yourself) blogs. I have a collection of hodge podge blogs that I browse daily – I am in the process of becoming a DIY junkie. It’s a good thing that I only allow myself one hour a day on the Internet or else TIME would get the best of me. Anyhow, I have always delighted in crafts, decorating, revamping ideas, cooking and baking. My passion for these delights halted for 8 years after Trevor was born and I was shoved into the ‘cave man survival’ mode. Yes, I continued to have small delights here and there, but it wasn’t until this last fall that my zeal was refueled and I am excited!!

Blogging has now become a wonderful multitasking tool….

1. Scrapbooking - I will no longer paste a photo in a 3 ring binder again!

2. Family Journaling – been wanting to do one for years.

3. Letters to family and friends - I know it’s not personal, but my posts are.

4. For Lico (my dad) – who loves to read and reread The Jensenites – Love you!

5. Brain stimulation – I’m writing! I’ve been in ‘cave man’ mode far too long.

6. Creation Ideas – I love to create!

1 comment:

thehalvs said...

I get it. I miss you.