The Jensenites

The Jensenites

Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Pick Me!

With 5 kids, 1 dog and 1 awesome husband competing for my attention, one or more of the named have often walked away shaking their heads and muttering, "You never listen to me."

Kerri, on the other hand has gotten my attention every time by simply raising her hand - this has been going on since school started - go figure. When she has something to say or a question, her little hand shoots up, her eyes open wide and she stares me down. How can I not stop what I am doing and turn towards her - her whole demeanor demands it.

She's so good at it that Rebekah is now taking the hint. Even Jarin has raised his hand a few times to get my notice.

"Mom, can I have some more toast?"


"My finger still hurts."
She burned it on the pancake griddle,
she was checking to see if it was hot.
It was.


"Can I wear a headband today?"



Oh, cute haircuts!
Good bye snarls!


Oh wait, gotta go, Kerri has a question.

No comments: