The Jensenites

The Jensenites

Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

One Little Word

While browsing through my favorite hodge podge blogs, I stumbled on a New Year tradition that inspired me. Instead of re-writing (ha ha) my goals for the up coming year, I am going to choose one little word to focus on throughout 2010. One little word that will make a difference for me in all that I do.

I'm thinking...

Ali Edwards blog. Here is what she says about One Little Word:

A single word can be a powerful thing. It can be the ripple in the pond that changes everything. It can be sharp and biting or rich and soft and slow.

It can be something tangible or intangible. It could be a thought or a feeling or an emotion. It can be singular or plural. The key is to find something that has personal meaning for you. This is not your mother’s word or your spouse’s word or your child’s word – this is YOUR word.

One little word can have big meaning in your life if you allow yourself to be open to the possibilities. And here’s one thing that is totally interesting: sometimes a word will pop into your brain and it will not make any sense to you right now. Give it some time. Let it percolate a bit. I have often found that our hearts speak to us in very unique ways. Maybe this is a word you need to hear but just aren’t ready for it yet. Again, be open to the possibilities.

My one little word did not reveal itself until late in the evening - it just popped into my head and made hundreds of ripples...

-TIME-

Last night I was describing my word to Cameron and what I wanted for 2010. He showed me this video by Kenny Chesney - I think my one little word now has a theme song.


2010 One Little Word
Cameron - HIGHER
Yolanda - TIME
Makayla - FUN
Jarin - HELP
Trevor - undecided :)

Happy New Year!

No comments: