The Jensenites

The Jensenites

Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Shark Girl

During Linner (meal between lunch and dinner) on Sunday the 3rd, Kerri yelled in pain and ran to her room to retrieve her pink blankie. The rest of us at the table looked at one another in surprise and continued to eat – we are so sympathetic. Upon her return, she informed me with tears streaming down her face, that my cinnamon rolls had rocks in them and that her tooth really, really hurt – actually she bite her fork – ouch!

After probing her teeth and finding her front bottom tooth loose, her tears quickly turned to joy. Rebekah on the other hand, stared at her plate and began making moping sounds. Later she came up to me and said, “Mom, I am going to be really upset if Kerri loses a tooth and I don’t.”

Oh, the joys of being a twin.

A week later I looked into Kerri’s mouth to see how her tooth was coming along. What I found was a little unsettling, she had two teeth growing directly behind her front bottom teeth. We tagged her Shark Girl and made an appointment to see the dentist to pull her baby teeth out. While Kerri laid on the couch daydreaming about the treasure box in the dentist office and the tooth fairy, Rebekah sat in the piano room crying over the unfairness of twin life.

Once she realized that her chance of being the next ‘shark girl’ was in her favor she got over it.

Kerri's first lost teeth.
January 13, 2010

These teeth were lost and found a couple of times before making it under the pillow.


Kerri's Kindergarten journal..

I went to the dentist.
The dentist pulled my teeth out!
The tooth fairy came!

I love how the dentist is pulling out her teeth in the first picture.



I got some money from the tooth fairy!

2 comments:

Mags said...

That is a cute story Yolanda!

Joan said...

Love the new picture in the heading. There is competition in everything isn't there?