The Jensenites

The Jensenites

Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Calling the Shots!


I jumped on the bandwagon a little late on joining the hundreds and thousands of people who got their H1N1 vaccine. Hearing horror stories of neighbors who attempted the four-hour line at 7 am in the morning with a handful of kids put me at a greater risk of welcoming the swine flu into my home. I choose to wait for a more ‘convenient’ time. Due to this delay, I am 90% certain that our piggy friend visited us in October and slowly went through four of the kids. The other 10% of me didn't want to take any more chances with spring approaching.

Last week I ‘same day scheduled’ (gotta love that) five kids at the local pediatric office as an after thought to my slow afternoon (I know, I am such a good mom – cough cough). Then I rounded each child up as they dawdled home from school and told them I had a surprise for them at the doctor’s office – that didn’t go over too well.



3 sore arms and 2 tender thighs


The next day, Rebekah’s ordeal was recorded in her kindergarten journal.

Rebekah and Kerri are amazing little artists, so I was a bit surprised to see stick people for their drawings. When questioned, Kerri replied, “Mom, we’re writing not drawing.”

Rebekah said, “They're only quick pictures.”

I love how the stick figure illustrates the flinching pain the injection caused - ouch!


The twin's kindergarten teacher (Mrs. Barnes) and her aide (Ms. Libby) had a laugh about Rebekah’s last sentence, “My mom love men.” Later Mrs. Barnes asked me about the men in my life.


I told her I’ve had several and still do….

My Daddy

My two big little brothers

My amazing hubby

My two silly boys

And lastly, at the risk of sounding like a middle age lady (which I am) and having Makayla roll her eyes at me (which she did)….

I think Zac Efron is really nice to look at.





1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I agree with you on Zac Efron, he's a cutie pie :o) I need to take my kids back to get their second shot. The first time was such and ordeal that I've been putting it off...