The Jensenites

The Jensenites

Pages

Friday, March 6, 2009

A Small Tribute to a Big Man

Roland Samuel Pack
October 3, 1913 – February 20, 2009

Cameron and I traveled to Caldwell, Idaho last Thursday to celebrate Grandpa’s reunion to Grandma who passed away 12 years ago. It was a wonderful day of remembering memories, celebrating new ones and reconnecting with loved ones.

My grandpa was a man of many words. He loved to talk and talk he did. He had a mighty strong testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and shared it with all. He loved to pray lengthy prayers which became an inside joke with all the grandkids. He always looked at the glass half full and found joy in little ones. My treasured memories of grandpa are filled with garden raspberries, yearly birthday card wishes, an assortment of ball caps he always wore and warm cheery hugs. My fond memory is of grandpa calling my grandma ‘a pearl’ – what a romantic gentleman.

Grandpa was 95 and left an encouraging legacy. We love you and we will miss you Grandpa! Give Grandma a kiss for us.


Great Grandpa Pack with Lico Pack and the five little ones (March 2005).

3 comments:

Jenna said...

This was very sweet of you to do. I don't think I've ever even seen that graduation photo. We have a lot of the same memories of Grand-Dad. He will be missed.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for putting this beautiful tribute together of Grandad. We're sorry we missed the funeral, but heard it was wonderful. He has left an incredible legacy indeed! All our best from Hawaii!

JLWilson said...

I love seeing your dad! How's your mom? I need to see a picture of her! I miss her! Tell her HI!