The Jensenites

The Jensenites

Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mom, what's for dinner?

Honestly! I am a good mom. I do make dinner nightly for my family. It is not my most favorite chore, in fact, I dread it half the time. I am flattered to feed 6 other people besides myself – so I attempt to make it special and memorable. I am fortunate that 5 out of the 6 will eat pretty much whatever I put in front of their faces. My Trev is the exception. He does not hide his disgust at the dish placed upon the table. These are his precise phrases accompanied with gagging noises and facial expressions – even after several attempts to teach him good manners and to, “Please, just try one bite.”

"Yuck, what is that?"
"That is so gross – there is no – no - no way I am going to eat that!"
"Mom, I am going to puke!"
"Why don’t you make anything good?"

Oh brother! I have learned to pick my battles with him.
He now has two options; 1) eat the dang food 2) pull out the Cheerios and drink all the milk.

3 comments:

MARIEL said...

OVALLE GREETING FROM CHILE YOU ARE A GREAT MOM AND IF ALL THAT KITCHEN WITH LOVE and sweetness that radiates TODOLE MEAN THAT ARE VERY RICH (After sending RECIPES CHILE) A hug their ANGELITOS

Live From Mommyville... said...

Oy-vey! I hear your pain. At least one of my kids plays the role of food critic on a daily basis. You are a great mom!

A Musing Mother said...

I pride myself on my incredible cooking abilities. One of my children agrees. That's 1/4. Pretty good odds, eh?