The Jensenites

The Jensenites

Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

#7 Disneyland Trip

Farewell Disneyland
Alas, we cannot end this mini-series without telling the 'Lost My Child at Disneyland' story. You always hear about them, my friends have personally experienced them.  Me, nope, not until this year.  
As we stepped our very last step out of Disneyland, we headed to the ginormous Disney Store on Downtown Disney just to torture our children by looking at stuff we were not going to buy. We left and headed to the tram with speed to catch the next departure.  Just as the tram pulled up, I counted heads.  "Hey, there is only one green coat girl!  Where is the other green coat girl?"  Rebekah was NO where.  We stepped back, gave the kids instructions to STAY, Cam went one way and I ran the other way.  We ran through the entire ginormous Disney Store with no luck.  My heart was starting to beat to the repeated words of a mother's prayer.  I circled back to the kids who informed me that a lady had seen a green coat girl with a cast member.  Whew, now where?  Just then, the same lady yelled from the moving tram that she was inside the gates.  Wow!  That far?  I ran and found Rebekah with a lady cast member preceding to Disneyland Park.  Apparently, Rebekah told the lady that we were too fast and she couldn't keep up and lost us.  No words can describe the relief of a safe child.

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. I'm so glad you found your lost little one. Thanks for letting us all take a proxy vacation with you through your blog:)

Joan said...

Oh your heart must have almost fallen from your chest. We lost our grandson at the state fair once (there are a lot of scuzzy people there) and the fair people found him, but we were really panicked for a while. GLad that little angel was found quickly. So it really does take a village to raise a child sometimes.

thehalvs said...

I've had that experience. It is rotten. I'm so glad everything turned out well. Sounds like you guys had a great time!

Elizabeth said...

I lost Matthew at the beach when he was 3. It was the scarriest thing ever. I just kept looking at that big ocean thinking the worst had happened. He actually had drifted down the beach and my brother found him about 3 life guard stations down. Your trip looked so much fun. My mom gave me and Josh and the kids tickets to Disneyland for Christmas so we'll be going in September. (it's a long wait but a great slow time of year to go.) Your pictures have gotten me really excited!!

Live From Mommyville... said...

It freaks me out when I can't find my kids around the neighborhood...Disneyland gives new meaning to the word PANIC. I almost lost Katie at Disneyland. She wasn't watching me and went one way as I went the other. I turned and didn't see her, but she wasn't too far away. It took me awhile to catch my breath!