It has been three and a half years since our family had professional photos taken. All for good reasons.
#1 It's so darn expensive and my camera did a fairly good job the last three school years.
#2 Coordinating outfits - fortunately I found everything I needed hidden in closets.
#3 Begging and pleading to smile and be good for 45 minutes.
#4 Family pictures are stressful: I just don't like it - but I do like the outcome.
#5 Picking out the photo for the Christmas card - now that everyone is older, they all think they have an opinion.
We went to an amazing old mill in American Fork that had antiques laying around and old buildings scattered throughout the property. The owner makes a killing each weekend as he charges families and couples to walk here and there avoiding rusty nails to get their portraits done. He even promised the kids free candy canes if they prevailed their trek. It was great fun for the first 10 minutes until the candy canes started calling their names. Potty humor was used as a last resort to crack smiles and endure to the end.
The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together.
~Erma Bombeck

1 comment:
Cute pictures! I love the one of the family on the truck--SO CUTE!!!
Post a Comment