Candy wrappers are being found everywhere - under beds, in pant pockets, in the washer and laying next to the garbage (someone missed their foul shots). Where is this candy coming from? The Halloween candy is gone and Rebekah is the only one that has hidden candy in her panty drawer that she counts everyday. Someone has either discovered my secret stash of chocolate or found my forgotten stash. I finally got to the bottom of this mysterious multiplying goody garbage one evening as I caught Jarin chewing on his last Hershey and stuffing the wrapper inside his bed covers.
"Hey! Where are you getting all this candy?"
Jarin sheepishly looked at me and said, "Matt gives me a candy bar for every song I play on his piano. He especially likes Harry Potter and Pirates of the Caribbean."
"Are you kidding me?"
"Nope."
"If a ten year old boy wants to pay another ten year old boy to play his beautiful grand parlor piano in exchange for chocolate currency - go for it - but please put your wrappers IN the garbage AND brush your teeth!"
I'm so proud of my boy - and I love my antique out-of-tune piano!
No comments:
Post a Comment