The Jensenites

The Jensenites

Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2009

ChickenCow!!

Mr. Moo came home from school early in September with 'the look'. You know the look? The suspicious look that says I think I'm in trouble but I ain't gonna say anything. I scrutinized him and chatted with him while he ate his afternoon snack, then I had an inkling to check my email. Sure enough, there was an email from his teacher saying that Trevor had had a challenging day and was calling his classmates names that they did not appreciate. One other boy was involved in the incident as well.

Hmm, time to investigate. I pulled out another snack and got the whole story from him. Apparently, Trevor was in gym class and was chanting his brand new phrase, "ChickenCow!" to all of his friends. I asked him why he was calling his friends ChickenCow. He shook his head and said, "Mom, I wasn't calling them ChickenCow, I was just saying it out loud and they happen to be in front of me. Ethan pulled my ear and it hurt really bad because he takes karate, so we both had to write notes and apologize. Mom, can I take karate?"
That totally cracked me up.

A month later.....I volunteered in Trevor's class and sat in the back of the room for just a minute. In that minute I heard, "ChickenCow!" voiced by two different boys walking around. Then one girl came up to me and asked me why Trevor loved ChickenCow. I told her I had no idea other than it is a funny phrase. I think Mr. Moo has started a new fad.

Two weeks later....Trevor came home thoroughly disgusted. "Mom, I can't believe that Ethan even takes karate, he actually cried today!"
Sorry Ethan - clearly you are not living up to Trevor's expectations.

On Columbus Day, Trevor rewrote history and called the Nina, the Pinta and the Santa Maria...the Moo, the Moo and the Moo.
Check out his name at the top of the page.


I found this as I was looking for tape one morning.

2 comments:

Lindsay Jones said...

He is really funny! What a story!

Lindsay Jones said...

Oh, and Ryan and I think he looks just like Cam.