It started with having kids. Who knew how many ‘ists’ there were in the world for kids?
We were launched into this ‘ist’ world with our first pediatrist appointment– many have come and gone since then.
The dentist takes second place in the most visited doctor category.
After 18 ear infections, the otolaryngologist FINALLY decided that Jarin needed tubes in his ears at 18 months. Then a private speech pathologist was hired and worked extensively with Jarin at age three for a couple of years to correct what his ears misheard all those ear infection days.
Later, a gastroenterologist was highly sought for due to the fact that a foolish mother who was paranoid of public bathrooms never let her kids use them. Because of this, one little Jensenite (name withheld) got so plugged up from not daring to use any bathroom that it took one gastroenterologist and many months to finally get their pipes cleared and working. I am now a fan of public bathrooms.
When Makayla was in 2nd grade, she was encouraged to write out her own spelling words each week – since she already knew the 2nd grade spelling list (sigh – proud mommy moment). Many high tech medical words were included such as, radiologist and perinatologist (the doctor who took care of me and my ladybugs growing inside of my belly).
Jarin’s cute flat feet needed a trip to the podiatrist. One podiatrist gave him orthotics and another podiatrist said he didn’t need them if he had no pain. Neither of them told me how to make Jarin’s shoes last longer than three months. I am absolutely resolute when I say three months and that is with good quality shoes – no Target or off brands shoes.
1 boy + 2 flat feet = 4 pairs of shoes yearly – that are literally run to the ground - no kidding!
Rebekah and Kerri were born and saw a good deal of ‘ists’ that I can’t even name or remember. However, I do have one cardiologist that we see every year for Rebekah – bless her little heart.
Makayla added an orthodontist onto the list in third grade not knowing that she would have to repeat another orthodontist again in four years.
Trevor introduced us to the allergist after a scary trip to the ER where we discovered he was allergic to pistachios, mangos and cashews.
A dermatologist is scheduled to look at a funny shaped mole growing a one particular scalp – joy!
After raising all these ‘ists’, I find that I may be in need of a psychologist.
3 comments:
And THAT'S why I work. I need the extra income for copays!
I was about the age of your twins when I had to get glasses. Although we don't like to go to the "ists", aren't you glad they are available when you need them?
Cute blog entry.
Wow that is alot of "ist"!! They keep you busy. The girls are cute with those glasses!
Post a Comment