The Jensenites

The Jensenites

Pages

Monday, July 6, 2009

My Tween is a Teen!

Happy Birthday to my precious, beautiful, brilliant,
reading guru, lovely, caring La La of the world!
We love you!


Before Makayla was born, I knew that I was going to have a girl and that her name would be Makayla. No, the doctor did not tell me – I just knew.

Makayla’s name was easy to choose. She was named after my favorite TV show – Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman – whose name was Michaela. Cameron did not want to name our daughter Michael with an ‘a’, so we agreed upon ‘Makayla Jo’.

Jo - from me, hardly anyone could pronounce my real name correctly so I went by Jo for safety measure.

Makayla’s first year of afternoon feedings was spent in my arms watching re-runs of Dr. Quinn. I was quite disappointed when the episodes ended.

It was not until earlier this year that Makayla was introduced to the nostalgic Colorado frontier life. We now giggle like a pair of school girls watching our favorite medicine woman and the rugged Mr. Sulley fall in love and forge a life in the unknown territories of the West.

Who would of known?

3 comments:

A Musing Mother said...

I hate to burst your bubble but your tween has been stepping over into the teen line for a few months. Not in a bad way, by any means. But she has been a delightful teenager for at least 4 months.

Just my outside observation.

Jenna said...

I loved Dr. Quinn, too! Such an awesome show. The dvds are on my perpetual birthday list. It would be heaven to just pop them in and watch episodes whenever I wanted. Someday. :)

plaidmom said...

Hey, I found your blog on another blog, so I thought I'd post. Happy Belated B-day, Makayla! How fun to see all her pictures over the years. I don't know why so many people complain about the teenage years. I've been loving them so far. Maybe I'll eat those words later, but so far it sounds like you're enjoying yours as well. :)