Every 24th of July is spent in the teeny village - sorry - town of Redmond. Redmond, Utah is the quaint town that Cameron grew up in and became who he is today - totally awesome!
It is also the only town in Utah that has a parade that promenades up main street and back again - so Cameron tells me.
Here are the attractions of our swell day near the three red mounds - hence Redmond.
Favorite Attraction: the billions of taffy candy being thrown to the scrambling candy pickers throughout the parade twice - remember... the parade turns around and comes back again.
Yes, Grandpa has 4-wheelers that we get to test drive on our visits to Redmond.
Wise Attractions: visiting with our favorite veterans and memory stories tellers.
We got three - woo hoo!
Each year, Cameron is troubled by this humongous truck and its colossal wheels. He is quite protective of every child in reach when it passes by and sighs with relief that he has yet another year before facing the giant again.
Interesting Attraction: the gentleman sporting an 8 inch handlebar mustache curled and tweaked. I was quite disappointed to realize that my camera was stashed in the car when I went in search of it. It was an impressive mustache.
Other Fun Attractions: cotton candy, 4-wheeler train rides, a dozen kid games which included a prized gold fish for Trevor, fireworks, and being with family.
What a wonderful place to live!
2 comments:
I'm not sure I even know where Redmond, Utah is...but it sure looks fun! I'm more of a city girl myself but I always think it's great to see the pride that comes from small towns and their people.
Loved this post! We love small town celebrations. They are the best! We spent our 24th in the big metropolis of Tropic, UT. It has a fabulous 15 min. parade also. P.S. We LOVE the "Real" Redmond salt too!. It's all we use!
Post a Comment