The Jensenites

The Jensenites

Pages

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Day

Christmas morning began at 2:30 am when I saw lights and heard sounds coming from the living room.  Instead of Santa I found two kids (Kerri and Jarin) rummaging through their stockings.  Trevor had already come and gone.  I sent them to bed again and awoke two minutes later to five kids singing Christmas carols at our door - it was 6 am.  We turned on Christmas music, had a prayer of thanks, opened presents, ate breakfast and went back to bed (just the parents) for two more hours until it was time to get ready for church.  I love Christmas on a Sunday.  I wish Christmas was always on a Sunday - with church being at 11 o'clock that is.   I can't think of a better way to celebrate the birth of our Savior.











I think Makayla may be one of the last ones in high school to have a cell phone.
Welcome to technology!


After church we drove to Redmond to celebrate with the whole Jensen clan.  Grandma and Grandpa gave EVERYONE an awesome family history binder.  It is full of family trees and stories from both the Jensen and Christensen side of the family back to the mid 1800's.  The kids sat right down and started reading the stories.  We played a round of white elephant gifts and grandma won the famous Christmas goose.  Unlike Andres and Kylee who hid it in our bath tub after the Pack party, Grandma stole and kept it.  Yeah!








Lico and Lica gave the kids Just Dance 3 and an extra wii remote.  We totally had a blast dancing the next day.  The girls danced for three hours straight and stopped only to refuel their energy.
Merry Christmas!


No comments: