The Jensenites

The Jensenites

Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

4 Spring Break: Weeping Rock

While I was taking a picture of this.....


This little guy decided to land......

onto this little girl's back!!!






































You can imagine my thoughts as I heard Makayla shout, "There's a BAT on Rebekah's back!"

Here they are in split second order without taking my eyes off her...
What?!
I should take a picture - nah!
Where is Cameron?
I need a stick to flick it off.
Should I use my camera?
Rebekah has no idea what is on her back.
I hope it doesn't bite me.

Without a second thought (serious), I swiped the thing off her back by flicking it with my hand.  The bat held steadfast until the second swipe sent it flying to the ground.  The poor thing was dazed as it flew off in the direction of the first picture.  What are the odds?


The view looking out from Weeping Rock.






Our friends - the Hubbards.














Still more interested in the sandstone.










On to the next hike.....

No comments: