The Jensenites

The Jensenites

Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fish Lake

For Labor Day weekend, we hopped into the car and tripped over to Grandma Jensen's house for some family time. We played with the dog, rode the new 4 wheelers (spoiled grandparents), picked pumpkins from Grandpa's garden, and wondered what we were going to do the next day on Labor Day.

Uncle Jared piped up and suggested we go boating to Fish Lake. That was when my momma instincts waved red flags and I scrutinized Cameron trying my darn est to send him a subliminal, 'No Way!' message.

The thought of 5 kids out in the middle of a volcanic crater full of freezing cold water gave me the shivers.

I was overruled even after my attempts to convey to my family of my fear of water.

Uncle Jared as giddy as a school boy in his boat.


Don't these two brothers look alike?


Trevor braving the cold breeze as we speed across Fish Lake.


Trevor the turtle retreating to warmer places.


It was a perfect day and I loved it.


Makayla with Aunt Kim.
Makayla climbed onto the boat and informed me that since she was 13 years old, she would forgo a life jacket. One look from me (Are you kidding me!) and her effort died on her lips.


Can't have enough Jensens around.


Lunch time - don't you love that the men sit around waiting for us ladies to set up lunch?


Aunt Alley patting our next arrival - Anna Louise - any day now.


Fun memories, beautiful weather and no one fell in.
Just below us - the kids are climbing back in for another ride.


"This is the best day of my life!" yelled Kerri.
Score for Uncle Jared.


Snooze!


We love to visit Grandma and Grandpa.
Thanks Jared and Kim for a great day!

3 comments:

Lindsay Jones said...

I agree, 5 kids in a boat causes me too much anxiety. I cancelled a trip this summer, I couldn't sleep the night before. You did it though and it looks like you had fun.

It's so fun to see Kim. I have known her my whole life and she is so sweet! Is everything okay with her and the baby? Her sister had posted something on FB so I have been worried. Love you blog, by the way!

A Musing Mother said...

Beautiful pictures!

The Jensen's look alike, don't they?

No lifejacket? Yeah, right!

Anonymous said...

Ya that was afun day. We should do it again next year!!!

Janelle