The Jensenites

The Jensenites

Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Redmond Church

Because of my fascination for antiques and history,  this beautiful abandoned church is my favorite place in Redmond.   This historic LDS chapel was built in 1915 and it looks like the other portion (gym and kitchen) was added later.   Cameron attended it until he was 8 years old (1979).  Due to the foundation sinking, a new church was built and this one was sold.  It was operated as a roller staking rink for years.  Cameron took me there one weekend when we were dating.  Later, it just sat and got vandalized.  Each time we go to Redmond, it calls for me and I go to say hi.  It is musty and smelly and seeking for rest.  We've become friends.





The church pew that I have had my eye on for years.  It is the only one left and is waiting for me to take it home.  We have left messages with the owner but no replies.  :(

The chapel - so lovely with it's hidden memories.






The classrooms are located downstairs.  Jarin and I were too scared to go down.

The gym is now owners to teenage skaters who have built ramps and made a cozy sitting section in the corner.





1 comment:

vicky said...

What a BEAUTIFUL church! I am so sorry. I feel your sadness.