Technology
When Makayla was two years old, we invested in a cute CD-ROM (okay, that acronym sets us back a bit) Sesame Street ABC/123 learning game pack. I sat with Makayla and taught her how to use the mouse and keyboard and thrilled in her computer skills. She was awesome! She taught Jarin and later Trevor. As they grew older, the three invested in PCCD games such as Harry Potter and Star Wars. We were able to hold off on the WII for many many years months. With our world bombarded with technology I held off in allowing the two girls start their own computer time. In fact, I relied on the school to teach them mouse and keyboard skills beginning in kindergarten. They learned and they learned fast. In the last couple of years, the girls have received cute Webkinz stuffed animals, Littlest Pet Shop stuffed animals and Build-a-Bear animals all with tags granting them entry to the world of online games.
Webkinz - the stuffed animal that comes alive online in Webkinz World. Keep your pet happy and healthy and build a home for it with our cool furniture.
Littlest Pet Shop Online is where you can play cool games, create you own pets, explore a fun world, and connect with friends and make new ones too!
I finally gave them access to one online world. Trevor helped them create an account on Webkinz and set up their passwords (with my supervision of course). Imagine my surprise when I found out that the word 'fart' was in each password. According to Trevor, all the cutesy words were taken up, 'fart' provided a whole range of possibilities. Figures.
I found a cute picture of the three oldest when they were little tots (2004). They loved to play on the computer and watch each other play.
No comments:
Post a Comment