I never enjoyed biking until Jen Halverson introduced me to road biking after the twins were born. Of course I didn't know what a 'road bike' was then either because I rode my old Fred Meyer mountain bike on Washington roads and bike trails. I hauled three kids for miles and felt my legs grow stronger each time I rode. Jen gave me a pair of biking gloves for my birthday and it was all down hill from there - well some of it anyways. I started using Cameron's old Schwinn mountain bike and felt the power of speed. I used that bike for a couple of years. When we moved to Utah I signed up for my very first triathlon and bought my very first (used) road bike. I felt like I was flying pulling two kids behind me. I love 'road biking'!
A few years later Jen moved to Utah and her family started the annual 'Ride Around the Lake' ride. Cam and I joined this year to ride 50 miles around Bear Lake on Labor Day and love it. Cameron bought a brand spankin' new road bike, not because he loves biking, but because he loves to spend time with me. He is soooooo sweet. Now we ride together. My only fear is that next Spring I plan on riding his bike to test it out and I'm afraid that I won't give it back. :)
Update: Rode the Wonder Women Ride (62 miles) in Payson on September 17th with Jen. It was an awesome ride!
No comments:
Post a Comment