The Jensenites

The Jensenites

Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Little Red

Women Cycling For a Cause
I participated in one of the best cycling events in the country this last weekend - Little Red Riding Hood Ride. It is the largest and longest all-women's bike ride in the country. It was held in Lewiston - a beautiful green valley 20 miles north of Logan (I think I might move there one day). 3000 women on bikes ride to support women cancer research.


Little Red is the heroine and she always gets the best of the Big Bad Wolf - which represents cancer.




It was a fabulous girl's weekend that my friend Rachel signed me up for - THANK YOU!
We went up the night before and stayed in a hotel with fellow bikers.
I made new friends and saw old friends (college roomies).
It was a fantastic weekend that I think I'll repeat every year.







This is Jen, my dearest friend from Washington.
She was courageous enough to introduce me into biking years ago.
I hauled three kids biking after her and her kids.
I've waited four years to bike with her again - yeah!


My dearest friend Rachel who encouraged me to go!


3 comments:

Jared and Allyson said...

Great job - What an inspiration you both are!

Rachelle said...

Oh I am soooo jealous you got to go biking with Jenn! It would have been so fun to hook up with my old Orting Bike Trail buddies:)

thehalvs said...

Yeah for biking! And yeah for being close to you again~!