The last week of school brings back nostalgic memories for me. I loved my school days -from the first day of school to the last week of fun activities. Since my kids are in the same school district I grew up in, they experience many of the activities that I remember doing.
Dance Festival
I wanted to watch the kids perform their dances through my real eyes and chose not to view them through my camera, hence the 'before' photos of them.
Jarin goofing off with his friends.
Trevor mumbled a whole lot about having to dance to a High School Musical song.
You'd never know it by watching him - he looked like he was having the time of his life.
The girls did the hula dance and were just too cute!
Awards Assembly
Jarin earned The Great American Challenge Award.
As a fifth grader, they are encouraged to receive this award by memorizing the Preamble, Gettysburg address, the presidents in order, states and capitals, and sing the Star Spangle Banner as well as write and spell correctly the Pledge of Allegiance.
Jarin went so far as to play the Star Spangle Banner on the piano.
That's my boy!
The girls received 100% attendance for their kindergarten year.
Only three kindergarten students accomplished that goal.
I think having afternoon kindergarten helped accomplish that goal.
Plus they LOVE LOVE school.


No comments:
Post a Comment