The Jensenites

The Jensenites

Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

First Snowfall

It's official.... it's winter. I don't think so and I certainly hope it isn't, however, the kids have pulled down their hot cocoa mugs and declared it 'Winter'.

The Rubbermaid containers full of coats, snow pants and boots are all strewn in my mud room.

Now I am stuck brewing hot chocolate, wiping up wet floors, and putting on loose mittens for the tenth time. (I really do enjoy it.)


Trevor was the first one home yanking winter gear out of the dark corners of their homes. He went straight out and started building his fort before anyone could claim their portion of the snow.


Jarin came home and made a secretive stash of snowballs - icy hard snowballs. Not five minutes later, Trevor came in hollering that Jarin decked him hard on the thigh.

Naughty boys!

That is when I declared public announcement #1, "No throwing snowballs!"

I know, mean old mom always takes the fun out of everything!


My snow angles made snow angles and created their own fort - until the boys sweet-talked them into combining their snow into 'The Fort'.


Building 'The Fort'.
I wish I had an after picture - it is impressive. I even caught Jarin gazing out of the window a few times to make sure it was still there.


Trevor scooped up nearly all of the snow on the lawn (and a few of Oreo's droppings) all in the name of 'The Fort'.


After three kids dragged their wet boots through my halls and into the bathroom, I made public announcement #2 by yelling out of the door, "If you are a boy, pee outside! In a discreet corner please. If you are a girl, use the bathroom before putting on all of your gear!"

I hope the neighbors didn't hear.

The kids played for almost two hours. It's fun to see how a little bit of white stuff can be so entertaining.

They are excited to play in the snow tomorrow.

I hope it melts by then - brr.

2 comments:

Joan said...

Let's just hope we only have enough snow to make little forts like that for a while. Save the larger snow falls for January.

Jared and Allyson said...

It seems to early for me to think that there's actually snow outside. Brigham was like your kids and was thrilled when his super awesome daddy took him out to play in it. (Mommy was being a party pooper.) I absolutely think the potty portion of the whole event is hilarious! I wish I could have heard your announcement! :)