The Jensenites

The Jensenites

Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Mom's Monster Voice

Each night I go to bed pledging to be a better mother the next day. Each morning I arise with a similar prayer to keep my monster voice tapped. Then morning breakfast happens.....

Why children can't wake up happy to be alive is beyond me. After the bugle sound is called, five droopy kids haul their bodies out of bed, eyes still glued shut from sleep, into the kitchen.

Then it begins.
One sibling realizes to his astonishment that he is sitting way too close to a girl sibling and complains. Another grumbles that he can hear the others chomping on their food. He proceeds to build a sound proof barricade out of cereal boxes to protect his ears. One can't stand the smell of Cheerios and whines until she is asked to MOVE to the table. Another child places her feet on private property and is stunned when she is whacked by a beloved brother. Finally, the teenager, who can't tolerate it any more than her mom, slurps her last bite, washes her bowl and backs away.

Just as the monster voice is unleashed - I watch with envy as the teenager retreats to the safety of her solitude.

(Sigh)

The proper arrangement (for the moment) after
playing multiple musical chairs.


Kerri (yes, I know she is wearing pink, nonetheless, it is Kerri)
can smell Cheerios a mile away and gags every time - joy!

1 comment:

sorensen formula said...

I had a good chuckle over this. So glad to hear that it isn't just our house. Hang in there, you are an awesome mom!