The Jensenites

The Jensenites

Pages

Monday, June 8, 2009

Justifying Creation


As I walk from room to room cleaning my house and trying in vain to put it in order, I am exhausted just by looking at all my unfinished projects that long to see the light of day. To top off my long list of things to finish, I have created yet more projects that I want to start and complete - WHY?! 
Perhaps I can justify my actions by remembering a Conference talk by President Uchtodorf.....

"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before.

Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty.

Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty—and I am not talking about the process of cleaning the rooms of your teenage children."


Ah ha, I can create all I want.

Summer is here and I definitely consider cleaning rooms a work of art, however, it does not leave me appeased knowing that it will need to be cleaned again later that day.

This summer I have decided to gear myself up to finish my long awaited projects before I start my list of new projects - sigh.

First things first....create a summer schedule.......


The kids gave me grief when I pulled this little beauty out on the first day of summer.  It was specially designed so the I wouldn't have to babysit this summer.  There is nothing I dislike most than to babysit my kids from one endeavor to the next. 
 
This chart says it all and that's that!

The 'Go For' jobs are just that.  Each child has to 'go for this' or 'go for that' - essentially, it is putting stuff away - whatever needs to be done at the moment - and there are plenty of 'go for' jobs always laying around. 

Once the kids have preformed their duties in a timely manner, they have free range to play or hang out (Makayla informed me that she does not 'play', she 'hangs out') after lunch until dinner time.  Thus, providing me with some 'creation time' to finish my projects.

Finished creations to come.




No comments: