The Jensenites

The Jensenites

Pages

Monday, June 8, 2009

Finished Creation #2


Capri Sun Bags
As I was browsing a boutique mall 5 years ago, I came across a cutesy Capri Sun Bag creation.  I left it alone when I saw it was priced 24.99.  
Later, a friend showed me how to make them. 
Thus began the making of dozens of Capri Sun Bags. 

Makayla started the frenzied creation when she came home from school with a garbage bag full of leaky drink bags.  She elected me to sew these bags up for birthday gifts in exchange for babysitting hours.  She would then buy markers and a notepad to put in each bag.

Easy and very inexpensive. 
 
Birthday girls loved them!

Since then, I have made these bags for teachers as end of the year gifts, scripture bags, and birthday bags.  I think every girl in our neighborhood that is close to Makayla's age owns a Capri Sun creation.

Just this last weekend I pulled out a stinky bag full of fermented Capri Sun bags left over from two summers ago.  I washed and cleaned and dried each drink bag.  Spent 2 hours sewing and now have 6 bags. 
 
Creation completed.  Yahoo!

I will stash them in the closet for birthday gifts from Rebekah and Kerri.

No comments: