The Jensenites

The Jensenites

Pages

Monday, June 8, 2009

Finished Creation #1

Our neighborhood houses some amazing women who love to quilt.  These amazing quilters are always willing to share their talents with the anti-quilting ladies (me being one of them).  After refusing several quilting projects, I finally relented and decided to try my hand at it.
  
The project presented was a large wall hanging for Halloween.  I withdrew at first until someone mentioned I could make pillows instead.  

Hmm, I think I can. 
 
I think I like the outcome.



For Christmas,  neighborhood ladies drooled over a beautiful snowflake wall hanging, I made pillows.


In January, a breathtaking heart hanging was displayed before our eyes in time for Valentine's Day.  Again I decided to make pillows - only to finish THIS week - whew!  

Fortunately, these pillows now have a permanent place on the couch since they match my piano room well.
 
Hurray for creation!


I look forward to making bed quilts now - all in good time.  

1 comment:

Lindsay Jones said...

I love that quote by Pres. Uchtdorf. Your pillows are beautiful. I used to love quilting like that. You are getting me excited about it again.