The Jensenites

The Jensenites

Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2009

My Bears is a Bear!

Blue and Gold Banquet 
         (February)
Jarin - my Bears - is now a Bear - grrrrrr!

Moms are granted the honorary 'Mom Pin' at each Cub Scout advancement for several reasons. This is to make us feel like great mothers or lack of it (fortunately I get to feel both).  Here are our qualifications for earning the pin.

1.  Sewing patches on shirts 10 minutes prior to a Pack Meeting.
2. Arguing with Jarin to tuck in his shirt in for the umpteenth time.  I don't care if no one else does!  
3. Skimming through his book a dozen times to make sure he has passed off enough for an arrow point.
4.  Reminding Jarin to take his cub book to den meeting only to find it on the table after he has left -grrrr.
5.  Rushing to make cake box cookies for a pack meeting treat - one month I dumped two boxes of Fruit Roll Ups into a bowl and pushed Jarin out the door as a last minute treat.  Turns out that they were the most popular treats.  Go mom!
6.  Threatening Jarin to complete two requirements before he can do anything else.

All in all, it is the Scout leaders that deserve the 'honorary pins'.  They are amazing and I thank them a hundred times.  I know that these little pins really are an honor to wear and are reminders for bigger and better mom tasks ahead.  In reality, they are reminders of what little boys will grow up to be - wonderful young men - I will enjoy him now. 
Go BEARS!
Way to go Jarin!  
He also received his Duty to God Award.
We love you!

Dad is honored as the supporting actor in this role.
He actually sits with Jarin on Sundays and completes requirements with him.  
Perhaps I should bestow my pin on to him.

Did I mention that we are proud of you?  
We are!

The Boys are Back - grrrrr!


1 comment:

Joan said...

Hey, I never got any pins. When did they implement that? Congrats to your little bear!