The Jensenites

The Jensenites

Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Lay Up Shot - Foul!

Commentary by LaLa: Dad broke his leg. Here's the scoop: Dad was playing basketball and going for the basket when he stepped on some body's foot and tripped. He broke his foot. So while he was relaxing on the lazy boy. Rebekah and Kerri decided to decorate him. Hee hee hee! Anyways, the girls love to decorate their beds, and now they can decorate dad. They also played doctor, too bad I had to go to school or else I would know a lot more. Dad is hobbling around in a big, funky cast. Poor Dad. Get well soon! (This happened 1 1/2 weeks ago.)


Update by mom: Cameron came home from morning ball (his favorite form of exercise - I think he is just living the glory days from way back then like Uncle Rico in Napoleon) hopping into the kitchen with a grim face. I was downstairs working out and was not in the mood to stop and baby my poor husband even after he told me he probably broke a bone or two in his foot. Dear Lala took care of him (hence the frozen hash brown bag on his leg) until I felt bad for not giving my wifey support. Sure enough Cam's ankle was as big as a big plastic kid softball. He got babied by the girls and felt better. Cam found out that he had a hair line fracture in his right foot. No ball for a while. His mom said he was too old to play ball anyways - eh, I don't think that will stop him.


14 years ago: Cam broke his little toe and the talus bone in his right foot playing morning ball. He came home as I was getting ready to go to class (SUU days). I was brand new pregnant with Lala and told Cam to shake it off - I was as nice as a pregnant lady could be. I really thought we were made of iron those days - maybe we were. Cam walked to campus and back for six days and saw no improvement in his foot. We were so poor with no insurance that the idea of seeing a doctor, let alone the emergency room was not an option. Fortunately, we found a great foot doctor that saw Cam and couldn't believe that he had been walking on it - no wonder he was still in pain. He was fitted to a walking boot and told he wouldn't play ball for 1 year. Wish I had a picture of that time. His Grandma told him then that he shouldn't be playing ball because he has a family to think about - Ha! That didn't stop him for 14 years.
He's on the mend now and hoping to be back on court in three - six months. I hope so too. I just love to go to his games and watch all the guys lick their fingers and wipe them on the bottom of their shoes for traction - yuck! Must be a guy thing. Go Cam!

No comments: