The Jensenites

The Jensenites

Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Joys of a Preteen



Oh my Lala - how I love my Lala. This is the nickname Jarin gave to her when he was a toddler and couldn't say Makayla and it has stuck. Here are the Pros and Cons of having a preteen daughter....

Pros

1. She is truly an amazing beautiful wonderful person.
2. She is an example to her dear ol' mother in filling your soul with daily light.
3. She wears my shirts and sweaters - that must mean I am still trendy.
4. Built in baby sitter - love it - love it - maybe I love it a little too much!
5. She loves to read - I love to read.
6. She'll rub my feet for extra night time reading - yes, I take advantage of it.
7. She is starting to make dinners - yeah!
8. She is my big helper and always reminds me of my 'Don't Worry - Be Happy' song.

Cons
1. She rolls her eyes at me - drives me nuts!
2. She acts like me when she gets mad - drives me double nuts!
Cam just laughs - he thinks it's funny.
3. I get older and not so wise as she grows.
4. She thinks she can get her hair cut anyway she wants and look older.
There are not many cons - she's too good to be true. I've been told that she may loose her brain for a couple of years soon - then I may have to worry.
Love you La!

3 comments:

Lindsay Jones said...

She is so pretty!

I was just showing Ryan your blog and he plays basketball with Cam in the mornings. How funny is that! I guess they can discuss it when Cam can play again.

Rachelle said...

I love her new haircut, but it does make her look so grown up!!! I guess that's how life goes. I still remember you leading exercise with your twins in the port-a-crib next to you...time flies!

thehalvs said...

What cute hair! Tell her I love it. And when it comes to raising those teens, I'm totally with you...