
Welcome Oreo!
One day I announced to Cameron that I thought I was ready for a dog - he about fell off his chair. Holy cow! Coming from a mom that did not like dogs - let alone a dog in the house - and always telling the kids that there was no way in tarnation that we would ever get a dog - Cam thought I was nuts. Perhaps it is because I have no more babies crawling around the floor or diapers to change and potty training to do. It certainly was not a lack of things to do in my life. I justified my reasonings 'for the good of the kids'. Kids need to grow up with a cute furry thing running around. They need responsibility in cleaning up poop, daily walks and feedings. It was time for a dog. Not just any dog - I wanted a small dog that did NOT shed, did not poop (in my dreams), was house trained, was trainable and oh so cute.The kids have asked Santa for a dog since Makayla was 5 years old. Since then Santa has brought dog games, stuffed dog animals and dog stories. One year Santa even left a note explaining his reasons for not giving live puppies as Christmas gifts. This year the kids' (mostly Jarin) prayers were answered on Christmas day when Oreo (19 mo. old) bounded into the living room and made this Christmas a memory forever. She has already wormed her way into my heart and we hope for lots of lasting memories with her.
Merry Christmas!
6 comments:
That was so cute! It made me laugh that all the kids kept saying, "do we get to keep it?" I mean, are you in the habit of bringing dogs in the house that they don't get to keep? Very cute!!!
Oh what a cute dog. I have a red toy poodle....no shedding, small, and trained very well. We love him to death. Wayne was the one that didn't particularly like dogs, but he is crazy about Fozzie. They have a way of worming themselves into your lives very quickly. How fun for you all.
You are a brave woman! Oreo is very cute. My kids will be jealous. We keep using the cat as an excuse. They are starting to notice though that some people have both cats and dogs. Hmmm...
Holy cow Yolanda! That is one adorable and very hyper puppy. I am not going to tell my kids because Courtney has wanted a dog since... If we ever get one, Adam wants a big one. Yikes!
Hi Yolanda! Your little Oreo is a cutie! We got our kids 2 kittens the Christmas before last, and it was the BEST Christmas gift ever. They still talk about it being their favorite so far. The funny thing is: We almost named our black and white cat Oreo! :) It's SO good to see you, and catch up. You look wonderful, and your family is beautiful! I hope you have a wonderful new year!
-Sharon
Cute blog!!! Thank you so much for the yummy bread and honey butter--you are so thoughtful. I'll have to get your recipe :)
Post a Comment