The Jensenites

The Jensenites

Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Someone just couldn't wait!




It's been awhile since I made my yummy whole wheat bread, so one Sunday afternoon I surprised my family with five freshly baked loaves of bread.  I set them out to cool and went to take a nap after all my hard work - whew!   When I awoke,  someone…. or two, decided to be the designated bread tasters.  The one that dug a hole in the middle of the loaf just couldn't wait - I'll take that as a compliment or perhaps they heard me coming down the hall and ran.  I'll never know.
I got my recipe from a dear friend in my neighborhood.  It is called Becky's Bread, from my friend Becky of course.  It is the easiest recipe.  It takes a total of 1 1/2 hours from start to finish - sometimes less.  Actual work is less than 20 minutes if you are as fast as Becky.  :)

Becky's Bread
Mix…
6 cups hot water
1/2 cup honey
3/4 cup oil
2 heaping tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons dough enhancer
4 tablespoons yeast
Add 10 cups wheat flour and mix + 1 cup of dry oatmeal
Add 4 more cups of wheat flour and mix
Add more until the dough is not sticky
Knead in mixer on high for 8 minutes.  Shape in loaf pans (5 pans) and rise for 30 minutes.
Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

That's it!  mmmmmmm

No comments: