The Jensenites

The Jensenites

Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Text Plan


I held off learning the art of texting out of pure laziness.  Having a teenage daughter whose main goal in life was to save and purchase her own iPod ruined my plans of not joining the new texting generation. She downloaded a free *app that gave her free texting and started texting me from school.   Seeing that my phone is a far cry from the latest greatest, I would fumble and tumble over how many times to push a number to get the correct letter to appear on my teeny screen.  It was painstaking at first and sometimes I would get three texts from Makayla before I had the chance to get a response back to her.  The fact that I had to pay twenty cents for every text sent to and by me didn't faze her.   Cameron finally upgraded my texting plan after I reached my limit of 20 texts (four were from me) per month to 200 texts a month.  Now I can text my mom who has been texting for four years.  I'm thinking a nice phone upgrade would also be nice - hint hint.  Perhaps an iPhone?  :)

Here's a funny text from Makayla the other day....

La:  Dear Mom, would you like to bring me my chapstick by any chance?

Me:  I'm really busy right now (grating cheese on tortillas).  Just ask the school nurse.

La:  Haha!!  I get it!!!  I think I'll pass on the nurse.  I'll survive the day.


*FYI: an app is an application that Apple calls third-party software programs that you can purchase for your iPod.  Didn't make any sense to me either at first.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Que bien así yo podré enviar mensajes y recibiré respuesta. love mom

Joan said...

I was one of the lazy ones too and I would still rather email or phone but when I got my new phone it had a little keyboard and it sure is easier.

Jared and Allyson said...

That makes me laugh! I'm not really into texting either, but I think that Jared would like me to get into it. I'm impressed that you're getting into it - even if it is just for the sake of texting with your daughter. Good for you!