The Jensenites

The Jensenites

Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

THE Lego Book

Three weeks ago:  Trevor came home from school breathless with excitement.  He really could not breath.    

"Mom!  You have to drive me back to school.  (gasp)  The book fair has the coolest Lego book and it's the last one!  I hid it in back of other books and I'm going to buy it!  (gasp) Where's my money?"

I'm sorry to admit that I instantly burst his little bubble by sending him out the door to Cub Scouts.   Mean mom!  Luckily, Jarin witnessed the whole thing and offered to ride his bike to the school to purchase the book for a whooping $23!  Bless him.  Trevor gave Jarin detailed instructions on where to find it and what it looked like, then handed over his hard earned money.

Last week:  Dad took the valuable book away to encourage chore completion.  Trevor found it later after his chores were done.  It's good to know that we have some parent leverage.

This last weekend:  Trevor spent his last $20 on two Lego Star Wars kits.

To date:  Trevor has spent countless hours pouring over his holy book and his collection of Legos.  Fortunately, it is full of good reading material and has counted toward his weekly reading minutes for school.  He has reduplicated many of the models and printed pictures off the internet.  In fact,  I can hear him digging through his Legos from downstairs right now. 

Priceless! 



See his book right behind him.
He's such a cutie!

1 comment:

Mags said...

Hey I'm a fan of the kid just because he likes STAR WARS! I'm a huge Star Wars lover...awful, huh? He should see my collection of Star Wars toys. He might just pass out!