'Twas the night AFTER Christmas when all through the house Jarin came running up the stairs with an awful tummy ache. I told him he had eaten too much and now his tummy was rejecting it. I wasn't kidding, five minutes later he was throwing up.
The rest of the night was a blur....
Saturday 9:30 pm - Jarin throws up
Saturday 10:30 pm - Rebekah wakes up complaining about her tummy and throws up
----Jarin and Rebekah take turns throwing up for the next 7 hours.
Sunday 5:40 am - Trevor runs upstairs bye-passing two unoccupied toilets and beelines for the furthest toilet in the house - mine. Thank goodness for tile.
Sunday 6:00 am - Cameron and I lay in bed and laugh. We wonder if the Swine Flu Brothers finally caught up to us (actually I'm pretty sure they came in October and possibly in November).
Sunday 8:00 am - Cameron and I have an unspoken agreement. He cleans up barf and I clean up loose stools.
Sunday 10:30 am - Makayla feels sick and tired - join the world. She declines the invitation to visit the lavatory and survives.
Sunday 2:30 pm - Kerri throws up - finally!
The porcelain throne was called upon 17 different times, the floor twice and the kitchen garbage once. Faces were white and blank. Thank goodness for movies and Powerade.
Sunday 9:00 pm (24 hours later) - towels and pajamas are washed, toothbrushes and Tupperware bowls are being sanitized in the dishwasher, 3 bathrooms are wiped and clean and 5 kids are knocked out in their beds with only Powerade, applesauce and Progresso chicken noodle soup in their bellies.
Whew!
I think we got a bug!
3 comments:
Not coming over.
Jo,
That's ironic!. Brayden, Casey, Dyson and I all had the same thing beginning at 3 a.m. on Sunday morning and it lasted all day yesterday. Dyson and Casey had a contest and counted how many times they each threw up...they tied at 18 times a piece. We had it all over the carpets, floors, rugs, etc. for those of us that couldn't quite make it to the throne. I figured it was food poisoning. We had all eaten food from McDonald's on Saturday night except for Alexys, who didn't get sick. For some reason, Michael didn't get sick either and so he got real tired of the nasty smells and taking care of us all....:)
Food poisoning........perhaps it was my mom's two year overdue Ranch Dressing at the Christmas dinner? Did you guys eat that?
'Hope you guys are all doing better. We're up and about today.
Laurie
Yeah, Jenny's kids were sick too. I second the food poisoning.
Post a Comment