A week ago, the kids participated in their annual piano recital (post below). The morning of the recital, Jarin was goofing off with the soccer ball in the house. I was downstairs when I heard the house tremble above and Jarin moan in pain. Since it was not his usual pain tone vocalized throughout the house, I knew that he was hurt; and being the horrible mom that I am, I just rolled my eyes and lumbered up the stairs. Hey, anyone that continues to play ball in the house after being told not too, does not get my immediate service. The little stinker fell on his right pinkie finger and smooshed it. I did feel bad after I realized that he would not be playing in his recital later that day.
We couldn't tell if he broke it or sprained it and being seasoned parents of small injuries, we decided to let time take its course.
On Monday, much to Jarin's distress, I made him go to school with two popsicle sticks taped to his fingers. I later learned that he took them off and stashed them in his pocket to play ball at recess.
A week has come and gone and his pinkie finger has healed.
Below is Jarin's performance on a not so grand or tuned piano, but a well loved piano.
1 comment:
Way to go Jensen Kids! You all sounded great. So glad there was no permanent damage done to those fingers! Thanks so much for sharing and I'm so glad you are still playing-
Post a Comment