The Jensenites

The Jensenites

Pages

Friday, May 29, 2009

Graduation and Retirement

Playschool Graduation 
Congrats Kerri and Rebekah!


Teaching children has been such a wonderful part of my life and I will continue to teach and learn forever. However,  I am biding farewell to my school teaching days.  I have experienced all grade school grades substituting, a quarter teaching Jr. High Spanish and Teen Living, and two wonderful years teaching my favorite Kindergarten classes.  1o years ago I retired from the public school and began teaching preschool in my home - Playschool.  I taught 6  years as my children reached  preschool level and loved it.  Last week ended my path as I watched my two little Ladybugs graduate with my most favorite preschool group yet (10 amazing children). 
  
Closing the door to this part of my life is bittersweet.  I don't have plans to teach in the public school again and I don't want too.  I love staying home with my children.   I look forward to see what doors/windows of opportunity come my way.  


Pirate Day - Arg!
Rebekah and Kerri

Cute little ol' lions.
Kerri and Rebekah

Pajama Day
Your guess is as good as mine :)
I'm thinking Rebekah is on the right.

Friendship Day
Kerri and Rebekah


2 comments:

Heidi said...

How fun to have mom be your preschool teacher :). Someday I aspire to stop teaching piano lessons as well (at least for awhile). It's fun to keep up with your cute family through your blog.

Lindsay Jones said...

Love the pictures! It looks like you had a lot of fun with them! They are so cute!