We have always tired tried to have family scripture study through the years - 18 years! Some months/years have been consistent and other months/years have been sparse. This year we decided to listen to the General Conference messages again using the Ensign, iPhones, and a wireless speaker. The discovery of QR codes at the end of the messages got us excited. We excite easily here. After listening to the message, we hold hands around the table and sing Kumbaya! Just kidding! But, seriously, I have threatened the kids that we would do just that if they didn't stop arguing or stop doing whatever it was that was causing me grief. Afterwards, we go around the table and share one thing that stood out to us in the message. I provide highlighters to make this an easy task for the kids. Highlight what you like and then share. Easy peasy. Coloring people's hair and drawing mustaches on their faces in the photos is not an option but happens regularly. Those too, are shared around the table. I have some pretty artistic kids!
This is a snippet of our evening tonight. Jarin and his 'blankee' - a white towel. He always has a white towel over his head - he's a silly fellow (a story for another day).
Disclaimer to our happy family scripture study: battles do ensue, names are called (sibling to sibling - not parents), threats and bribes happen (parents to child), however, we are much happier afterwards 95% of the time. I'd say that is good.



No comments:
Post a Comment