Welcome to our edible Gingerbread House Village.
For Grandma and Lica.....
The kids look forward to decorating gingerbread houses every year. Last year I discovered that Costco sold big gingerbread house kits that came fully furnished with candy and frosting. No more making little graham cracker houses. It was great for me! This year I decided to buy two kits from Costco, one for the boys to decorate and the other for the girls. I had some complaints last year from lack of ownership so I figured two houses would appease my Jensenites. Unfortunately for me, yet fortunately for the kids, Costco ran out of the coveted packaged goodies. I took my skills to the last box of graham crackers from the storage room and made the famous traditional cracker houses. As I pre-glued the squares together, I realized that these little houses meant more to the kids than the store bought kits. It was a good feeling.
It all started 12 years ago.
Time just flies.
The young get prettier and the old get older.
It's so wonderful to watch our kids grow.
This year they decorated their own homes without assistance - that is a good feeling.
Rebekah
Kerri
Maybe just a little assistance.
Makayla multi-tasking - phone conversation and decorating - it's easier than texting for this one event.
Jarin thinks he's all that and a bag of chips.











2 comments:
Fun Yolanda. Happy holidays to you and your family! We miss you guys! Hope you got our card.
The houses look great! I wish we could do something like this. My husband's family has a tradition of real gingerbread houses that are elaborate and require adults to put them together. My kids don't enjoy that as much as they probably would making their own simple houses. Maybe I'll have to use some Mom authority next year and simplify things. :)
Post a Comment